Rožmberg family owned a part of the land and they built a large net of ponds in the region. They were followed by Schwarzenberg family. Natural and climatic conditions are suitable for fruit tree planting and therefore Chelčice-Lhenice fruit area came into being. Over the centuries the countryside, ponds and fruit tree planting have been changed by their landlords, but they have always been sensitive to South Bohemian countryside. People of this region were not only sensitive, but also wise, calm and deliberate. Historic presence of those wise and enlightened landlords left the trace not only on the countryside, but also on the character of people till these days. The countryside of the region has been formed by the traditional agricultural work for centuries. Forests of the micro region along with the agricultural land create the largest area. Agriculture and forestry is still a significant field of work. Due to major agricultural production, this part of the Czech Republic has been freed of pollution. It is appropriate to say, that no village of the micro region has a serious source of pollution even today.
A little town, originally royal property, later a settlement first dated in 1283 belonging to Zlatá Koruna monastery till 1420. In 1544 Lhenice advanced to a town, when King Ferdinand I released a historic document about the town. He conferred a sign, right to seal with a green wax and free market upon the village. In 1511 Lhenice with surrounding villages were given to Vilém from Rožmberk (till 1600). In 1622 the Netolice and Lhenice estate was devoted to Jan Oldřich from Eggenberk by King Ferdinand II. This family reigned till 1719 in the town, when Schwarzenberk family took over the power. The servitude was abolished in 1848 and one hundred years era of feudalism was replaced by capitalism.
The town was freed and in 1849 became a part of district authority in Prachatice. From 1855 Lhenice had been the part of new Netolice district and later came under the administration of Prachatice district. In 1945 the town was set free by the 26th foot division of the U.S. Army. After the horror of the World War II the town has been flourishing since then.
The Church of St. Jakub is the most significant sight in Lhenice. It was rebuilt in a baroque style in 1750s. Newly renowned renaissance noble house, originally a yeoman stronghold is a dominant part of Lhenice. Former town hall – built in a South Bohemian people’s baroque style has been reconstructed for several times and nowadays it serves as a library. Over the town one can find a cemetery St. John the Babtist near the forest. Station of the Cross is situated in natural surroundings over the town near the forest as well. It came into being in the second half of the 19th century. The basic element of the Station of the Cross is the Chapel in Brabce. It was again reconstructed in 2000.
Lhenice lime-tree „U Pepíčků“ is more than 270 years old. It has become a symbol of old times and for three centuries has been watching the lives of people of the town.
Malovice are situated on the borders of Českobudějovická basin and the last hills of Šumava, not far from Netolice town. Malovice is a seat of Municipal authority and Malovice, Malovičky and Podeřiště, Krtely, settlements Holečkov and Hradiště and Rábín (total of 640 citizens) are included into this administration. The big part of Malovice comprises of peasant houses with a traditional disposition layout. The village-green with the Chapel of St. Václav is pervaded with a park with high trees. Interesting and historic building is a framework barn no. 1. First record about Malovice is dated back to 1313, when Bohuslav from Malovice settled here. He was the oldest known ancestor of Malovci from Malovice noble family. They lived in Dolní Malovice (today’s Malovičky). Former strongholds are covered with houses no. 10, 11 and surrounding houses these days. In the gardens of the houses no. 1 and 7 there are still reminiscences of mounds.
Malovičky came into being after the division of Malovice into Horní and Dolní Malovice – Malovice and Malovičky. We are acquainted with the fact from 1542 – 1545, when Malovice was owned by Diviš Malovec from Libějovice.
The oldest monument is a stronghold of Malovec family, which no longer exists. The place is already populated. The pond around Malovičky was constructed by Vilém z Rožmberka in the 16th century and it is called Horní Malovický. Another pond called Otrhanec is situated at the entrance road from Malovice. It has a beautiful mole with old oak trees. The Chapel of St. Jan Nepomucký invites you to the village, when you enter it from Malovice.
Podeřiště, a village on the lowest point in Prachatice district. (410 above sea level), has a long village-green with lime-trees enclosed with original peasant houses. In the middle there is the Chapel of Virgin Mary. Poděhusy castle once stood here over the former mill. Poděhusy village belonged to Rožmberk family. It was first mentioned in the last will of Vok from Rožmberk in 1262. He bequeathed it to his wife Hedvika and later the castle came under the reign of her son Jindřich. Jan Žižka conquered and burnt out the castle in 1421. It has not been rebuilt. In 1481 Vok from Rožmberk sold Poděhusy and the castle to Petr Kořenský from Terešov. In 1548 the isolated castle was sold by brother Jiřík and Kryštof in the name of other members of Kořenský family to Jan Malovec from Malovice. This is the last report about the castle.
The history of Holečkov settlement is not very long; it was founded in 1923-25. In September 1925 the settlement was officially opened by a South-Bohemian author Josef Holeček from Stožice – hence the name Holečkov. Typical peasant houses from the 1920s by an architect J. Štochl were built. The Chapel of St. Josef can be found here, reminding the origins of the village.
Krtely is situated under Libějovice hill. The village spreads around the big village-green with the Chapel of St. Anna and a pond. In the forest heading to Velký Bor village, the Chapel of Holy Three with a healing spring had been built. Another chapel can be found on the opposite side of the village – the Chapel U Jána. The oldest findings from Krtely surroundings are situated in the Krtely forest – a wide range of grave-mounds from primeval and Slavonic times. In 1356 the village was owned by Oldřich from Rožmberk, then in 1380 by Petr and Jan from Rožmberk, who also hold Poděhusy castle near Podeřiště village. After Jan Žižka burnt out Poděhusy castle in 1421, margrave’s post was cancelled and therefore the village came under the administration of Helfenburk castle.
Rábín is an agricultural place with a late renaissance little castle (17th century) with typical sgraffito decoration. One can find peasant houses from the times of Schwarzenberk family. In the main carriage way to the yard one can find memorial panel of F. Horský – prominent agricultural reformator and rural school director in Rábín. Rábín was originally village with name Vrábín, Vrabinec or Rabyně. Vrabinec village was sold in 1540 along with Nestánice and Černěves to Diviš and Bohuslav from Malovice, who settled in Libějovice. Dobeš Malovec, son of Diviš, sold the village Vrábín to Jan from Malovice. Around 1598 the village was already depopulated.
Hradiště settlement is situated in a picturesque countryside of Šumava foot-hills approximately 5 km north of Netolice. There are a large number of little ponds and the Chapel of Virgin Mary on the village-green surrounded by high lime-trees. North-east of the settlement one can find Celtic cult fencing Na Šancích on a road from Ptáčník to Rábín.
Municipality Mičovice is situated 13 km east of Prachatice town. It consists of five parts: Mičovice, Frantoly, Jáma, Klenovice a Ratiborova Lhota, which are placed in a foot-hill area from 564 m above sea level (Ratiborova Lhota) to 708 m (Klenovice) and 720 m (Frantoly). The beginning of the village goes back to the first half of the 14th century. It belonged under the administration of Gold Crown Monastery. People were working in agriculture and forestry and some small craftsmen lived in Mičovice as well. School was built in 1886 and it was opened 100 years. On the village-green the Chapel of Virgin Mary from 1886 is to be found and a smaller chapel with a niche.
The most significant monument in is the Church of St. Filip and Jakub in Frantoly from the beginning of the 14th century. It was later rebuilt in baroque style in 1754 after a fire.
Klenovice is a mountain village with a village-green. The houses with peasant baroque gables can be found here. Foot-hills and mountain character of the village is suitable for tourist interest. A wayside cross is situated in front of the village.
Jáma is a nice village with a carefully designed village-green lays on the both sides of the Melhutka brook under the Doubrava Mountains. There is a little chapel and a wayside cross on the village-green.
In Ratiborova Lhota the niche chapel is situated at the entrance to the village.
Truskovice village was first dated in 1274. The name Truskovice comes from the Truska people from Truska Yard. It could exist in the form of Truska or Struska. The oldest note about the village was connected with the names of country gentlemen Rudolf and Budislav from Truskovice as the witnesses on the document from 1274. They were probably present on the regular assembly of all states of the Czech Kingdom in Prague around the New Year in 1281, where Czech estates confessed the loyalty to the margrave Ota Braniborský. Next record about the village comes from the 6th of March in 1384, when Petr from Truskovice defended the unity in the name of Diviš from Malovice.
On the Truskovice yard there would be in 1365 Setěch, in1378 Zachař, in 1384 Petr, in 1387 Mikuláš and in 1391 Habart.
There is no significant historical monument in the village today. We can mention only the St. Florian Chapel from 1821. Two chapels – St. Florian’s and St. John’s are to be found in an integrated Dolní Ves. The surroundings of the village is characteristic by a number of ponds and formerly hemp had been planted here.